Closing Date: 27 November 2017
Salary: Between R985 303,00, R1 132 533,00, R1 279 762,00 pa plus a 4% rural allowance.
The Municipal Manager must interact closely with the Mayor, Executive Committee and Councilors, and will be accountable for the proactive initiation, development and implementation of a sustainable, performance-driven administration.
As head of administration and Accounting Officer, the Municipal Manager is responsible for the general performance of the organisation, which includes the following:
Municipal Manager (499.02KB)
Last published 13 November 2017
- to provide corporate / strategic leadership • to ensure allocation, management and optimisation of resources
- to facilitate the development of systems / strategies to deal with statutory responsibilities / provisions accordance with applicable legislation
- to drive organisational performance and sustainability
- to liaise with, consult and advise political officebearers
- to set up systems and procedures to ensure adherence to organisational values
- to manage the Municipality and its finances in compliance with relevant legislation
- to manage effective staff utilisation and promoting healthy labour relations compliant with relevant labour legislation
- to manage sound stakeholder relations and expectation management.